Christmas never tasted better than this Old Fashioned cocktail
What is more Danish than rice pudding for Christmas? Well we wouldn't recommend pouring whisky in your rice pudding, but stirring a Stauning Rye Rum Cask whisky with pudding rice could none the less add a special taste and Christmas feel to your cocktail
- 50ml Stauning Rum Cask Rye (Washed in Pudding Rice)*
- 10ml Cherry Heering (or Port)
- 2.5ml Monin Orgeat Syrup
- 2.5ml Monin Vanilla Syrup
- 3 Dashes Christmas Bitters**
Garnish: Orange Twist
1. Add all ingredients to an ice filled Mixing Glass
2. Stir for 15-20 seconds before straining into an ice filled lowball glass
3. Garnish with an Orange Twist and serve.
*To make the "Pudding Rice Washed Stauning Rum Cask Rye" add 100g Pudding Rice to 300ml Stauning Rye Rum Cask, give a brisk stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes before giving another brisk stir. Then you proceed by straining the rice out, and don’t worry if it is a bit cloudy, that’s natural! You could keep the rice for use in your next rice pudding!
**To make the Christmas Bitters combine 3 parts Regan’s Orange Bitters with 2 parts Angostura Bitters and 1 part Miracle Mile Toasted Pecan Bitters.