Sauternes Cask no. 2631 - Malted Rye Whisky - Cask Share
Stauning Malted Rye Whisky in a Sauternes Cask
About the spirit
Stauning malted Rye Whisky is made from our local floor-malted rye and barley, the pure Stauning water and yeast. The spirit is fruity, oily in texture, very spicy and sweet. The flavour is dominated by the main ingredients - the malted local rye and barley - and the Sauternes cask will leave a prominent sweet mark too.
Join us on this adventure of the Stauning Malted Rye on Sauternes Cask no. 2631.
We divide this cask into 11 shares - One Cask Share buys you 1/11 of one unique numbered full 225-litre cask - Cask number 2631.
A 225-litre cask typically yields about 400 bottles - so you can expect about 34-38 bottles per Cask Share - but it will vary from cask to cask. So please take note that the final number after 5 years of maturation is still unknown.
The final number of bottles from the cask will depend on both the 'Devils cut' and the 'Angels' share':
Devils Cut: How much the cask absorbs - depends on the wood.
Angels' Share: Evaporation during maturation - depends on the climate/weather/cask.
- SPECIAL EDITION "CASK OWNER EXCLUSIVE" BOTTLE - Only issued to owners of Private Casks. Shipped upon purchase of Private Cask or Cask Share. For customers from outside Denmark this bottle must be collected at the distillery - we can't ship outside of Denmark.
- Owners Certificate will be sent to the owner.
- 10 cl sample will be taken from the cask and sent to the shareholders after 3 years of maturation.
- Personal Label on all bottles.
- 1st Fill Château d'Yquem Cask.
- Stauning Malted Rye New Make spirit at 64% ABV.
- Cask filled on January 14th 2020.
- 5 years of maturation at Stauning Whisky - Expected bottled in January 2025.
- The whisky will be bottled at 50% ABV.
- Single Cask Edition.
- Stauning Whisky "Private Cask Box" for bottle (new design) - 20 DKK per box.
- Reissue of Owners Certificate - 250 DKK.
- Handling and shipping if needed - By appointment.
- Bottles must be picked up at the distillery after bottling.
- The cask is insured during the maturation time.
- Bottling includes 50 cl bottles, handling, cork, foil cap and personal label.
- All prices include Danish VAT and taxes.
- IMPORTANT: Bottles must be picked up at the distillery after bottling. This is also the case for customers from outside Denmark - we can't ship outside of Denmark. Sorry...