Laphroaig Quarter Cask no. 2621 - Smoked Single Malt Whisky - Cask Share
Stauning Smoked Single Malt Whisky in a Laphroaig Cask
Stauning Smoke Single Malt Whisky is made from our local floor malted barley, the pure Stauning water and yeast. The smoke comes from burning heather and peat. The spirit is fruity and almost oily in texture. The flavour is dominated by the main ingredient - the malted local barley and the phenols from the burning heather and peat - and the Laphroaig cask will leave a prominent mark too.
This cask is a celebration of old-world whisky and new-world whisky. Scotland meets Denmark. Join us on this adventure of the Stauning Smoked Single Malt - Laphroaig Cask no. 2621
We divide this cask into 8 shares - One Cask Share buys you 1/8th of one-of numbered full 140-litre cask - Cask number 2621.
A 140-litre cask typically yields about 240 bottles - so you can expect about 30 bottles per Cask Share - but it will vary from cask to cask. Please take note that the final number after 5 years of maturation is still unknown - the final number is not guaranteed.
The final number of bottles from the cask will depend on both the 'Devils cut' and the 'Angels' share':
Devils Cut: How much the cask absorbs - depends on the wood.
Angels' Share: How much liqueur evaporates during maturation - depends on the climate/weather.
- SPECIAL EDITION "CASK OWNER EXCLUSIVE" BOTTLE - Only issued to owners of Private Casks. Shipped upon purchase of Private Cask or Cask Share. For customers from outside Denmark this bottle must be collected at the distillery - we can't ship outside of Denmark.
- Owners Certificate will be sent to the owner.
- 10 cl sample will be taken from the cask and sent to the shareholders after 3 years of maturation.
- Personal Label on all bottles.
- 1st Fill Laphroaig Quarter Cask.
- Stauning "Smoke" Single Malt New Make spirit at 64% ABV.
- Cask filled on January 7th 2020.
- 5 years of maturation at Stauning Whisky - Expected bottled in January 2025.
- The whisky will be bottled at 50% ABV.
- Single Cask Edition.
- Stauning Whisky "Private Cask Box" for bottle (new design) - 20 DKK per box.
- Reissue of Owners Certificate - 250 DKK.
- Handling and shipping if needed - By appointment.
- Bottles must be picked up at the distillery after bottling.
- The cask is insured during the maturation time.
- Bottling includes 50 cl bottles, handling, cork, foil cap and personal label.
- All prices include Danish VAT and taxes.
- IMPORTANT: Bottles must be picked up at the distillery after bottling. This is also the case for customers from outside Denmark - we can't ship outside of Denmark. Sorry...