Oloroso Cask no. 2222 - Single Malt Whisky - Cask Share
Cask Share - Special Edition
Stauning No-Smoke Single Malt Whisky is our base spirit. The recipe is simple. Local floor malted barley, local water and yeast. Nothing else. The spirit is fruity and almost oily in texture. The flavour is dominated by the main ingredient - the mighty malted barley.
With this cask we offer something we never did before - a true Single Cask Oloroso expression - Stauning Single Malt taken directly from the still and matured entirely on one single Oloroso cask.
Oloroso is a dark dry sherry made from grapes. The flavour profile is fruity and nutty with notes of tobacco and pepper.
Join us on this adventure of the Stauning No-Smoke Single Malt - Oloroso Cask.
CASK no. 2222
We divide this cask into 11 shares - One Cask Share buys you 1/11 of one unique numbered full 225-litre cask - Cask number 2222.
A 225-litre cask typically yields about 400 bottles - so you can expect about 34-38 bottles per Cask Share - but it will vary from cask to cask. So please take note that the final number after 5 years of maturation is still unknown.
The final number of bottles from the cask will depend on both the 'devils cut' and the 'angels share':
Devils Cut: How much the cask absorbs - depends on the wood.
Angels Share: How much liqueur evaporates during maturation - depends on the climate/weather.
- SPECIAL EDITION "CASK OWNER EXCLUSIVE" BOTTLE - Only issued to owners of Private Casks. Shipped upon purchase of Private Cask or Cask Share. For customers from outside Denmark this bottle must be collected at the distillery - we can't ship outside of Denmark.
- Owners Certificate will be sent to the owner.
- 10 cl sample will be taken from the cask and sent to the shareholders after 3 years of maturation.
- Personal Label on all bottles.
- 1st Fill Oloroso Cask
- Stauning "No-Smoke" Single Malt New Make spirit at 64% ABV.
- Cask filled on September 2nd 2019.
- 5 years of maturation at Stauning Whisky - Expected bottled in September 2024.
- The whisky will be bottled at 50% ABV.
- Single Cask Edition.
- Stauning Whisky "Private Cask Box" for bottle (new design) - 20 DKK per box.
- Reissue of Owners Certificate - 250 DKK.
- Handling and shipping if needed - By appointment.
- Bottles must be picked up at the distillery after bottling.
- The cask is insured during the maturation time.
- Bottling includes 50 cl bottles, handling, cork, foil cap and personal label.
- All prices include Danish VAT and taxes.
- IMPORTANT: Bottles must be picked up at the distillery after bottling. This is also the case for customers from outside Denmark - we can't ship outside of Denmark. Sorry...